Cleveland State defeats Wis.-Milwaukee 73-72Jan 24, 2010 - 9:46 PM CLEVELAND(AP) -- Norris Cole hit a 3-pointer with 7 seconds left and Tim Kamczyc blocked Ja'Rob McCallum's layup with 1 second to go to lift Cleveland State past Wisconsin-Milwaukee 73-72 on Sunday.
The Vikings (13-8, 5-4 Horizon League) trailed by as many as 11 points, 57-46, with 11:34 left, and went on a 13-2 run to tie it at 59-59. Jeremy Montgomery capped the spurt on a 3-pointer with 7:57 left.
The Panthers (12-9, 4-5) increased their lead to 72-68 on Ricky Franklin's jumper with 1:16 left. But D'Aundry Brown's layup pulled the Vikings within two with 55 seconds left.
Cole, who was 10 of 22, became the 18th player in Cleveland State history to score 1,000 career points.
The Vikings had 18 points off 17 turnovers and scored 20 second-chance points.
Franklin scored 23 points and McCallum added 15 for the Panthers.
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 72
CLEVELAND ST 73 FINAL
Jan 24 4:11 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 39
CLEVELAND ST 30 HALFTIME
Jan 24 3:00 PM
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Fired Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter: It's been a difficult day Mar 17
- Virginia downs Cleveland State, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- No. 6 Virginia gets back to work against Cleveland State Dec 18
- Wisconsin rolls over Milwaukee Dec 10
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 10
- Louisville grinds past Cleveland State for Pitino's 700th win Nov 26
- Cardinals set sights on Vikings Nov 26
- Wisconsin-Milwaukee banned from postseason Apr 9
- Strong second half sends Villanova past Milwaukee Mar 21
- East Regional action sets Wildcats against Panthers Mar 20
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11