Hargrove's FT lifts Auburn past Alabama 58-57Jan 30, 2010 - 11:41 PM AUBURN, Ala.(AP) -- Lucas Hargrove hit a free throw with 3 seconds left Saturday to lift Auburn to a 58-57 win over Alabama.
Alabama heaved the ball down the court on the last play, but turned the ball over.
The Crimson Tide led 55-51 with 2:58 left in the second half on a 3-pointer by Anthony Brock. But Hargrove, who finished with 14 points, had a dunk and converted a three-point play to cut Alabama's lead to 57-56 2:02 left.
DeWayne Reed's free throw with 12 seconds remaining tied the game at 57-57 for the Tigers (11-11, 2-5 Southeastern Conference). Reed, who scored 10 points with six turnovers, stole the ball from Alabama's Mikhail Torrance and passed to Hargrove who was fouled then knocked down 1-of-2 foul shots to put Auburn up for good.
Tay Waller led Auburn with a game-high 20 points on 8 of 12 shooting from the floor.
Torrance had 13 points for the Crimson Tide (13-8, 3-4).
- NCAA BB
AUBURN 58 FINAL
Jan 30 6:07 PM
- NCAA BB
AUBURN 24 HALFTIME
Jan 30 4:49 PM
- Alabama signs Ohio State transfer Daniel Giddens May 17
- Auburn players Shamsid-Deen, Reed won't return next season May 6
- Alabama signs graduate transfer guard from Morehead State May 2
- Alabama hires John Pelphrey as associate head coach Apr 13
- Alabama players Coleman, Kessens leaving program Mar 30
- Johnson taking the long view after first season at Alabama Mar 16
- Obasohan helps lead Alabama into NCAA tourney contention Feb 18
- Pearl: Auburn's Kareem Canty leaves team, school to turn pro Feb 12
- Johnson, Bama's tough run starts with No. 15 Texas A&M Feb 9
- Auburn will be without leading scorer against Tennessee Feb 8
- Auburn top scorer Kareem Canty suspended indefinitely Feb 6
- Pearl: Auburn's Cinmeon Bowers to return against LSU Feb 1