Cleveland State tops Loyola of Chicago 59-56Feb 6, 2010 - 11:46 PM CHICAGO(AP) -- Jared Cunningham scored 15 points, including two free throws that put Cleveland State ahead to stay, and the Vikings defeated Loyola of Chicago 59-56 on Saturday.
It was the fifth straight victory for Cleveland State (12-12, 8-4 Horizon).
The Vikings trailed 49-40 with 9 minutes left, but used an 11-2 run to pull even with 3:54 to go. Cunningham made a pair of foul shots and Norris Cole hit a jumper with 1:54 to play for a 55-51 lead. Walt Gibler's three-point play cut it back to one for the Ramblers, but Tim Kamczyc and D'Aundray Brown each made two free throws and the Vikings held on.
Trevon Harmon scored 14 points for Cleveland State. Jeremy Montgomery had 12 and Cole finished with 11.
Ben Averkamp and Terrance Hill scored 12 apiece to lead Loyola (13-10, 4-9). Gibler scored 11 and Courtney Stanley 10.
- NCAA BB
CLEVELAND ST 59
LOYOLA CHI 56 FINAL
Feb 6 6:15 PM
- NCAA BB
CLEVELAND ST 30
LOYOLA CHI 29 HALFTIME
Feb 6 4:53 PM
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18
- Ramblers welcome 11th-ranked Panthers to town Feb 18
- VanVleet powers Wichita State past Loyola-Chicago Jan 28
- Ramblers seek upset of 12th-ranked Shockers Jan 28
- Shockers pull away from Loyola-Chicago in 2nd half Jan 11
- Shockers and Ramblers mix it up in MVC action Jan 11