USC closes out Stanford 54-49Feb 7, 2010 - 3:08 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- USC had the late-game heroics this time against Stanford, avenging an earlier one-point road loss by scoring the game's final six points Saturday for a 54-49 victory.
The big man for USC (14-9, 6-5 Pac-10) in every way was 6-foot-10 sophomore Nikola Vucevic, whose 18th and final point came on his 14th rebound after a missed Marcus Johnson drive with 26.4 seconds left. That score came after four USC tip-in attempts and gave the Trojans the lead for good at 50-49.
Stanford (10-13, 4-7), which has yet to win a Pac-10 road game in seven attempts, missed a jump shot and a free throw down the stretch, and USC closed it out with four straight free throws.
Landry Fields led the Cardinal with a 27 points and 11 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
USC 54 FINAL
Feb 6 9:31 PM
- NCAA BB
USC 27 HALFTIME
Feb 6 8:21 PM
- Stanford's Rosco Allen declares for NBA draft Apr 1
- Southern California extends coach Andy Enfield's contract Mar 28
- Stanford coach Jerod Haase once thought he'd play for school Mar 28
- Stanford hires Jerod Haase as new men's basketball coach Mar 25
- NCAA wins scarce lately for Providence, Southern Cal Mar 16
- Stanford fires coach Johnny Dawkins after 8 seasons Mar 14
- USC chosen for first NCAA Tournament since 2011 Mar 13
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Stanford suspends point guard Christian Sanders Mar 3
- Stanford F Reid Travis to miss remainder of season Feb 23
- Pickens helps Stanford beat Carroll College 83-38 Dec 28
- Pickens scores 20 in Stanford's 93-59 win over Buccaneers Nov 15