Wake holds off late rally, beats BC 92-85Feb 10, 2010 - 2:29 AM By JOEDY McCREARY AP Sports Writer
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C.(AP) -- Al-Farouq Aminu had 22 points, Chas McFarland added 14 points and 11 rebounds and Wake Forest held off a late rally by Boston College to beat the Eagles 92-85 on Tuesday night.
L.D. Williams added 14 points for the Demon Deacons (17-5, 7-3 Atlantic Coast Conference). They never trailed, were held without a field goal for the final 10 1/2 minutes, but made 14 of 18 free throws in the final 5:36 to win their third straight and fifth in six games.
Wake Forest trails both Duke (7-2) and Maryland (6-2) in the standings.
Tyler Roche scored a career-high 31 points - including 15 of BC's first 19 - and Corey Raji had 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Eagles (12-12, 3-7). They played without leading scorer Joe Trapani, who didn't make the trip because of illness, and lost their third straight.
BC has dropped eight of 11 in 2010 and fell to 1-4 in ACC road games this season.
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 85
WAKE FOREST 92 FINAL
Feb 9 9:17 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON COLLEGE 39
WAKE FOREST 50 HALFTIME
Feb 9 7:56 PM
- Wake Forest adds 2nd grad transfer, Matt Williams from UCF Apr 27
- Wake adds grad transfer Austin Arians from Milwaukee Apr 20
- Manning: 2 Wake Forest men's basketball players to transfer Mar 15
- After another losing season, Wake turns focus to future Mar 9
- BC looks to avoid winless ACC year in football, basketball Mar 4
- Wake Forest suspends Thomas, dismisses Hudson from hoop team Feb 19
- 'It just hurts': Frustrated Wake Forest hopes for turnaround Jan 27
- 30 Boston College students get sick after eating at Chipotle Dec 7
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Wilbekin, Crawford taking on bigger role at Wake Forest Nov 4
- Wake Forest suspends Hudson, Watson from hoop team Oct 31
- Boston College eager for young stars to emerge Oct 26