Career highs lead Clemson past Florida State 77-67Feb 11, 2010 - 2:34 AM By PETE IACOBELLI AP Sports Writer
CLEMSON, S.C.(AP) -- David Potter and Andre Young each had career highs of 19 points as Clemson ended a four-game losing streak to Florida State with a 77-67 victory Wednesday night.
The Tigers (17-7, 5-5 Atlantic Coast Conference) had come in having lost four of five this season, the one-time ACC contenders in danger of falling even further out of the muddled league chase.
Instead, Potter and Young's outside shooting proved the difference against the taller, stronger front line of Florida State (17-7, 5-5).
The two combined for seven of Clemson's eight 3-pointers. Young had two from long range and Potter hit one as the Tigers closed the opening half with an 18-8 run to lead 37-24.
The Seminoles, who rallied from 19 down to win here at Littlejohn Coliseum last season, could not come back in this one.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
FLORIDA STATE 24 43 67
CLEMSON 37 40 77 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: FLORIDA STATE - LUKE LOUCKS 15, SOLOMON ALABI 14,
MICHAEL SNAER 10
CLEMSON - DAVID POTTER 19, ANDRE YOUNG 19,
DEVIN BOOKER 14
Feb 10 9:12 PM
- NCAA BB
FLORIDA ST 24
CLEMSON 37 HALFTIME
Feb 10 7:54 PM
- Florida State guard Rathan-Mayes returning for junior season May 2
- Junior college guard Angola-Rodas to attend Florida State Apr 20
- Mutombo's nephew signs to play basketball at Florida State Apr 13
- Florida State's Rathan-Mayes to enter NBA draft Apr 5
- Florida State's Bacon withdraws from NBA draft consideration Mar 28
- Florida State's Beasley focuses on training for NBA draft Mar 24
- Florida State's Bacon to submit name for NBA draft Mar 23
- Florida State hope lessons learned will pay off next season Mar 18
- Clemson leading scorer Jaron Blossomgame files for NBA draft Mar 16
- FSU's Beacon and Beasley focused on NIT, not NBA Mar 14
- Florida State senior Devon Bookert emerges as team leader Mar 4
- Hamilton, Florida State looks to snap 5-game losing streak Feb 26