Tiller helps Missouri defeat Iowa State 65-56Feb 11, 2010 - 2:51 AM By R.B. FALLSTROM AP Sports Writer
COLUMBIA, Mo.(AP) -- J.T. Tiller scored a season-high 17 points after discarding a face mask for a broken nose in the opening minute, helping Missouri beat Iowa State 65-56 on Wednesday night.
Laurence Bowers added 10 points and a career-best 12 rebounds, and Justin Safford had 13 points and nine rebounds for the Tigers (18-6, 6-3 Big 12).
Craig Brackins had 12 points and 14 rebounds for his ninth double-double of the season for Iowa State (13-11, 2-7).
Missouri survived 4-for-20 shooting from 3-point range in its first time back in the Mizzou Arena since its 32-game homecourt winning streak was ended by Texas A&M a week earlier.
Marquis Gilstrap had 18 points and nine rebounds for the Cyclones, who cut the gap to one point five times in the second half before fading to their sixth loss in seven games.
- NCAA BB
IOWA ST 56
MISSOURI 65 FINAL
Feb 10 9:30 PM
- NCAA BB
IOWA ST 23
MISSOURI 28 HALFTIME
Feb 10 8:19 PM
- Malou heading to NBA draft without playing for Iowa St May 11
- Iowa State signs pair of transfer big men May 9
- Iowa State guard Naz Mitrou-Long granted hardship waiver Apr 29
- Iowa State recruit Malou to explore professional options Apr 25
- Ex-Iowa State athlete sues school over response to rape case Apr 13
- Iowa State signs prep forward Cameron Lard Apr 13
- Iowa St point guard Monte Morris to return for senior season Apr 8
- Cyclones' season starts with Final 4 hopes, ends in Sweet 16 Mar 26
- Iowa State struggles early, falls to Virginia 84-71 Mar 26
- Styles clash in Sweet 16 match between Virginia, Iowa State Mar 24
- Iowa State coach Prohm helps Cyclones reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Iowa State's Niang honed his craft guarding Nerlens Noel Mar 18