San Diego State routs Wyoming 88-57Feb 11, 2010 - 5:47 AM SAN DIEGO(AP) -- Freshman Kawhi Leonard scored a career-high 26 points and led a second-half surge as San Diego State routed Wyoming 88-57 on Wednesday night.
Leonard, who had eight rebounds, helped San Diego State (17-7, 6-4 Mountain West) pull away with a 10-0 run early in the second half. Leonard made 10 of 14 shots from the field.
Freshman Chase Tapley scored 14 points, and Tyrone Shelley and Kelvin Davis scored 12 points each for the Aztecs, who led 39-34 before reeling off 10 straight points less than three minutes into the half.
Leonard's previous career high was a 25-point outing at Wyoming on Jan. 9 when the Cowboys overcame a 17-point deficit to rally for an 85-83 win. This time, San Diego State built its lead to as much as 37 points.
Djibril Thiam scored 15 points for Wyoming (9-15, 2-8) and Desmar Jackson added 14.
- Playing in the Garden nice consolation prize for Aztecs Mar 25
- Shyatt steps down as Wyoming coach; Edwards is new coach Mar 21
- Fisher's Aztecs looking for 7th straight NCAA tourney berth Mar 9
- SDSU tops San Jose State 78-56 to clinch share of MWC title Feb 21
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Feb 1
- San Diego State says basketball program cleared by NCAA Jan 5
- Hagins scores 14 as Little Rock stuns San Diego St. 49-43 Nov 21
- Cheatham brings 'good energy' to Fisher's Aztecs Nov 4
- It's now Steve Fisher Court at San Diego State Oct 29
- Duke crushes San Diego State to reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Blue Devils battle Aztecs in South Regional action Mar 22
- San Diego State holds off St. John's to advance Mar 21