Cleveland State defeats Valparaiso 80-71Feb 12, 2010 - 2:38 AM CLEVELAND(AP) -- Norris Cole scored 22 points and Cleveland State defeated Valparaiso 80-71 on Thursday night.
Trevon Harmon added 17 points and Jeremy Montgomery had 15 for the Vikings (13-12, 9-4 Horizon League), who won their sixth game in a row. The win avenged a 78-71 loss to Valparaiso on Jan. 16.
The Vikings are 6-1 against Valparaiso since the Crusaders joined the Horizon League three seasons ago.
Leading 34-30 at halftime, the Vikings broke open the game with a 12-2 run to start the second half. D'Aundray Brown capped the run on a layup with 14:44 remaining to give the Vikings a 46-32 lead. Cleveland State built its largest lead at 57-39 on a basket by Cole with 9 minutes remaining.
The Crusaders (13-14, 8-7), who had won seven of their previous nine games, were led by Brandon McPherson with 17 points. Brandon Wood added 14 points and Michael Rogers had 12.
- NCAA BB
CLEVELAND ST 80 FINAL
Feb 11 9:03 PM
- NCAA BB
CLEVELAND ST 34 HALFTIME
Feb 11 7:51 PM
- Lottich succeeds Drew as basketball coach at Valparaiso Apr 7
- Correction: Northern Kentucky-Valparaiso story Feb 16
- Ball State hangs on to beat Valparaiso 69-66 Nov 28
- Maryland survives Valparaiso to advance Mar 20
- Terps open NCAA Tournament play against Crusaders Mar 20
- Valpo comes back to beat Green Bay in Horizon final Mar 10
- Crusaders clash with Phoenix for Horizon League crown Mar 10
- Virginia downs Cleveland State, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- No. 6 Virginia gets back to work against Cleveland State Dec 18
- Louisville grinds past Cleveland State for Pitino's 700th win Nov 26
- Cardinals set sights on Vikings Nov 26
- Bryce Drew, Valpo agree on new 10-year deal Dec 18