Hazell hits 35; Seton Hall beats Notre Dame 90-87Feb 12, 2010 - 4:00 AM By TOM CANAVAN AP Sports Writer
NEWARK, N.J.(AP) -- Jeremy Hazell rebounded from one of his worst games of the season to score 35 points to lead Seton Hall to a 90-87 victory over Notre Dame on Thursday, snapping the Pirates' three-game losing streak.
Hazell hit 12 of 16 shots from the field and was clutch down the stretch, hitting a 3-pointer with 1:21 to go and a bank shot with 1:08 left as Seton Hall (13-9, 4-7 Big East) ended a six-game losing streak against Notre Dame (17-8, 6-6).
The Irish played most of the final 8:42 without All-America Luke Harangody. The nation's No. 3 scorer (24.5 points) injured his left knee coming down on a rebound attempt.
Still, Notre Dame had two chances to tie the game in the closing seconds. Tim Abromaitis missed a 3-pointer with about 4 seconds to play and Carleton Scott missed another 3 at the buzzer.
- NCAA BB
NOTRE DAME 87
SETON HALL 90 FINAL
Feb 11 9:07 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NOTRE DAME 39 39
SETON HALL 49 49 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
NOTRE DAME - TIM ABROMAITIS 10, TORY JACKSON 8,
TYRONE NASH 8
SETON HALL - JEREMY HAZELL 17, JORDAN THEODORE 7,
THREE PLAYERS WITH 6
Feb 11 7:54 PM
- Beachem says he'll be back at Notre Dame for senior season May 1
- Notre Dame's Beachem enters NBA draft, won't hire an agent Apr 12
- Jackson: Meeting with Brey, NCAA play led him to opt for NBA Mar 30
- Notre Dame's Jackson decides to enter NBA draft Mar 29
- Brey: Notre Dame's Jackson has to explore entering NBA draft Mar 28
- Notre Dame can't find one last run to beat North Carolina Mar 28
- North Carolina and Notre Dame know each other well Mar 26
- Wisconsin's road to 3rd straight Final 4 runs through Irish Mar 25
- Notre Dame finally finding March success under Brey Mar 23
- ND's Auguste at best in March, shooting 86 percent in NCAAs Mar 22
- Doing it all: Versatile Walkup, Stephen F. Austin face Irish Mar 19
- With Whitehead shut down, Seton Hall goes out against Zags Mar 18