Wright State beats Wis.-Milwaukee 68-63Feb 12, 2010 - 3:57 AM DAYTON, Ohio(AP) -- Cory Cooperwood scored 16 points and N'Gai Evans poured in four of Wright State's final seven points, leading the Raiders in a 68-63 win over Wisconsin-Milwaukee on Thursday night.
After Ja'Rob McCallum hit a 3-pointer to pull the Panthers even at 61-all, Evans hit two free throws to give Wright State a lead it wouldn't relinquish. The foul shots sparked a 7-2 Raiders run in the game's final 2:57.
Todd Brown added 15 points for Wright State (16-9, 9-5 Horizon League) and is the 12th all-time leading scorer in the conference with 1,390 career points. Evans chipped in 12.
The Panthers had a 35-24 rebounding advantage and led 13-8 in second-chance points, but the Raiders finished with a 19-8 edge in points off of turnovers as they forced 14 while committing only nine.
James Eayrs scored 20 points for the Panthers (13-12, 5-8), while McCallum had 17 off the bench.
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 63
WRIGHT ST 68 FINAL
Feb 11 9:14 PM
- NCAA BB
WISC MILWAUKEE 35
WRIGHT ST 39 HALFTIME
Feb 11 8:06 PM
- Milwaukee hires Michigan assistant LaVall Jordan as coach Apr 7
- Wright State hires South Dakota State basketball coach Apr 4
- Wright State fires coach Billy Donlon after 6 seasons Mar 19
- Fired Milwaukee coach Rob Jeter: It's been a difficult day Mar 17
- Ohio State throttles Wright State Dec 28
- Raiders come calling on 21st-ranked Buckeyes Dec 27
- Wisconsin rolls over Milwaukee Dec 10
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Badgers Dec 10
- Wisconsin-Milwaukee banned from postseason Apr 9
- Strong second half sends Villanova past Milwaukee Mar 21
- East Regional action sets Wildcats against Panthers Mar 20
- Milwaukee earns NCAA berth with Horizon League title Mar 11