Fresno State defeats New Mexico State 83-64Feb 12, 2010 - 5:41 AM FRESNO, Calif.(AP) -- Paul George scored a career-high 30 points in his return to Fresno State's lineup, and the Bulldogs defeated New Mexico State 83-64 on Thursday night.
Greg Smith added 16 points and eight rebounds for Fresno State (13-12, 6-5 Western Athletic Conference) before leaving with an apparent shoulder injury.
Jahmar Young and Jonathan Gibson had 14 points each for New Mexico State (15-9, 8-3), which fell out of a first-place tie with Utah State in the WAC standings.
George went 5 of 13 from 3-point range in his first action since spraining his right ankle on Jan. 21 against Utah State. The sophomore forward missed four games.
The Aggies, who trailed 41-38 at halftime, committed 18 turnovers and finished just 9 of 26 from the free-throw line.
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO ST 64
FRESNO ST 83 FINAL
Feb 12 12:10 AM
- NCAA BB
NEW MEXICO ST 38
FRESNO ST 41 HALFTIME
Feb 11 10:54 PM
- New Mexico State's Weir adds Henson as an Aggie adviser May 11
- Throwback centers featured in Denver's Midwest Regional Mar 16
- New Mexico State, Wichita State to play makeup game Feb. 15 Jan 18
- New Mexico State pulls in OT, beats Robert Morris 81-71 Nov 25
- Kansas gives Big 12 a lift with rout of New Mexico State Mar 20
- New Mexico State seeks upset of Kansas Mar 20
- New Mexico State cruises past Seattle to win WAC Mar 15
- Aggies go for fourth straight WAC title against Seattle Mar 14
- Wyoming outlasts Fresno State in triple OT Jan 18
- Cowboys visit Bulldogs in pivotal Mountain West clash Jan 17
- Colorado State holds off upset-minded New Mexico State Dec 27
- Aggies entertain undefeated Rams Dec 27