Old Dominion defeats George Mason 76-60Feb 13, 2010 - 11:24 PM NORFOLK, Va.(AP) -- Ben Finney scored 19 points to lead Old Dominion to a 76-60 victory over George Mason on Saturday.
Finney also grabbed seven rebounds and dished out seven assists for the Monarchs (20-7, 12-3 Colonial Athletic Association), who split the season series against the Patriots (16-10, 11-4). George Mason defeated Old Dominion 71-55 on Jan. 2.
Gerald Lee chipped in with 16 points for the Monarchs.
Old Dominion opened the game with a 17-1 lead after a free throw from Lee with 11:58 remaining in the first half. George Mason didn't score its first field goal until Andre Cornelius hit a 3-pointer with 11:17 left in the first half.
George Mason cut the Monarchs' lead to 34-21 at halftime, but Old Dominion used a 17-4 run to open the second half and jumped out to take a 51-25 advantage with 15:03 left in the game.
Cornelius scored 13 points to pace the Patriots.
- Scoring spree: ODU guard Trey Freeman putting up big numbers Feb 17
- George Mason senior Patrick Holloway suspended for 6 games Nov 10
- George Mason hires Bucknell's Paulsen as coach Mar 30
- George Mason dismisses Paul Hewitt Mar 16
- Short-handed VCU handles George Mason Feb 5
- George Mason entertains No. 18 Virginia Commonwealth Feb 4
- Western Kentucky knocks off No. 25 ODU Jan 10
- Western Kentucky hosts No. 25 Old Dominion Jan 10
- Newly ranked ODU rolls past Marshall Jan 8
- No. 25 Old Dominion takes aim at Marshall Jan 8
- Oklahoma downs George Mason Dec 31
- 18th-ranked Sooners play host to Patriots Dec 31