Richmond routs St. Bonaventure 68-49Feb 13, 2010 - 9:36 PM ST. BONAVENTURE, N.Y.(AP) -- David Gonzalvez scored 25 points as Richmond defeated St. Bonaventure 68-49 on Saturday.
After an evenly played first half, the Spiders (20-6, 9-2 Atlantic 10 Conference) shot 51.7 percent in the second half (15-for-29) to put the game out of reach.
Richmond trailed 32-31 at halftime, but opened the second period with a 13-0 run to take a 44-32 lead after a three-point play from Darrius Garrett with 12:33 remaining. The Spiders would maintain a double-digit lead for the remainder of the game, and took their largest lead after a layup from Darien Brothers made the score 68-47 with 2:11 left.
Gonzalvez also recorded a career-high five steals for Richmond, while Justin Harper scored 14 points.
The Bonnies (10-13, 3-7) were led by Andrew Nicholson, who scored 17. Jonathan Hall added 16 points and 10 rebounds.
- NCAA BB
ST BONAVENTURE 49 FINAL
Feb 13 4:14 PM
- NCAA BB
ST BONAVENTURE 32 HALFTIME
Feb 13 3:05 PM
- Richmond reserve Wood to miss 2nd game with concussion Mar 10
- Surprising St. Bonaventure nudges into NCAA Tournament talk Mar 10
- Passing fancy: Nancy Lieberman's son also an adept passer Feb 23
- Richmond nips No. 22 VCU in double OT Feb 26
- Bragging rights on line in clash between Rams and Spiders Feb 25
- St. Bonaventure stuns VCU on buzzer-beater Feb 7
- Bonnies entertain 18th-ranked Rams Feb 7
- Richmond upsets VCU in Capital City Classic Jan 31
- Rams butt heads with cross-town rival Spiders Jan 31
- No. 22 Dayton edges Richmond Jan 24
- 22nd-ranked Flyers set sights on Spiders Jan 24
- VCU downs Richmond to reach A-10 semis Mar 15