Booker's 18, Clemson's 3s top Miami 74-66Feb 13, 2010 - 7:23 PM By PETE IACOBELLI AP Sports Writer
CLEMSON, S.C.(AP) -- Trevor Booker scored 18 points and Clemson won back-to-back games for the first time in almost a month with a 74-66 victory over Miami on Saturday.
The Tigers (18-7, 6-5 Atlantic Coast Conference) had won consecutive contests since taking three straight the first half of January - and had been in danger of falling out of the ACC chase.
Instead, Booker's inside play and Clemson's outside shooting touch were too much for the Hurricanes (17-8, 3-8).
Andre Young had four of the Tigers' nine 3-pointers.
Malcolm Grant had 13 points to lead Miami, which has lost seven of its last nine games.
- NCAA BB
MIAMI FL 66
CLEMSON 74 FINAL
Feb 13 2:15 PM
- NCAA BB
MIAMI FL 28
CLEMSON 33 HALFTIME
Feb 13 12:51 PM
- Australian Vasiljevic signs to play basketball for Miami Apr 13
- Miami Hurricanes sophomore James Palmer decides to transfer Mar 28
- Miami falls to 0-3 in Sweet 16, routed 92-69 by Villanova Mar 25
- Friendship will take a backseat in Villanova-Miami matchup Mar 23
- Miami plays Villanova with chance at 1st Elite 8 berth Mar 21
- Wichita State Shockers face Miami, ready to keep on shocking Mar 18
- Fast-paced game expected in Miami, Buffalo matchup Mar 16
- Clemson leading scorer Jaron Blossomgame files for NBA draft Mar 16
- Larranaga hopes Miami can recapture George Mason's magic Mar 8
- Larranaga optimistic No. 7 Hurricanes will finish strong Feb 29
- Miami's Newton suspended 3 games for violating team rules Feb 27
- No. 11 Hurricanes to face 4 ranked teams in 12 days Feb 18