Late 8-0 run powers Indiana State past Drake 76-66Feb 13, 2010 - 9:55 PM TERRE HAUTE, Ind.(AP) -- Rashad Reed scored 18 points and Aaron Carter 17 as Indiana State pulled away late for a 76-66 victory over Drake on Saturday.
Carter and Reed each hit three 3-pointers for the Sycamores (15-11, 7-8 Missouri Valley), who used a game-changing 8-0 run to turn a 49-49 tie into a 57-49 lead with 8:16 left. Jordan Printy added 12 points and Koang Doluony 11.
Josh Young scored 21 points for the Bulldogs (11-16, 6-9) and sank four 3-pointers to give him 243 and make his the school's career leader. Ben Simons had 15 points and Adam Templeton 12, both scoring all their points on 3-pointers.
Drake made 15 of 30 3-pointers but shot only 39.0 percent overall. Indiana State held a 33-32 rebounding edge and committed just three turnovers.
The Sycamores moved to 9-3 at home and handed the Bulldogs their fourth straight defeat, sweeping the season series.
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- Drake hoping to turn corner in 2015-16 Oct 5
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- Northern Iowa easily handles Drake Feb 7
- Bulldogs hit road to challenge 14th-ranked Panthers Feb 7
- Tuttle, Northern Iowa win 10th straight Feb 3
- 14th-ranked Panthers eye up Sycamores in MVC matchup Feb 3
- No. 14 Wichita State routs Drake Jan 25
- Drake seeks upset of No. 14 Wichita State Jan 25