Washington beats Stanford 78-61 for 1st road winFeb 14, 2010 - 3:16 AM STANFORD, Calif.(AP) -- Isaiah Thomas scored 20 points, Quincy Pondexter added 18 points and nine rebounds and Washington won on the road for the first time this year, beating Stanford 78-61 on Saturday.
Justin Holliday added 10 points and seven rebounds for the Huskies (17-8, 7-6 Pac-10), who led by 15 but had to hold off a late charge by the Cardinal (11-14, 5-8).
Washington, which had not won on the road since beating USC on Feb. 21, 2009, was winless in six tries this season.
Leading 61-56 with 6:30 remaining, the Huskies went on a 15-4 run to quiet the Maples Pavilion crowd. Elston Turner and Thomas both had 3-pointers during the run, while Darnell Gant added a key tip-in off a Thomas miss.
Landry Fields and Jeremy Green scored 17 points each for Stanford.
- NCAA BB
STANFORD 61 FINAL
Feb 13 10:01 PM
- NCAA BB
STANFORD 32 0:00 LEFT, 1ST HALF
Feb 13 8:58 PM
- Stanford's Rosco Allen declares for NBA draft Apr 1
- Stanford coach Jerod Haase once thought he'd play for school Mar 28
- Stanford hires Jerod Haase as new men's basketball coach Mar 25
- Washington's Murray, Chriss declare for NBA draft Mar 23
- Stanford fires coach Johnny Dawkins after 8 seasons Mar 14
- Why Washington? ACC flexes muscles in big basketball market Mar 8
- Stanford suspends point guard Christian Sanders Mar 3
- Syracuse basketball rallies for ailing Dwayne Washington Mar 1
- Romar reprimanded by Pac-12 for comments after Huskies loss Feb 26
- Pac-12 says end of Washington-Oregon State handled properly Feb 25
- Stanford F Reid Travis to miss remainder of season Feb 23
- Dubious record: Washington may see most players foul out Feb 9