ASU beats Oregon 61-51 to complete season sweepFeb 14, 2010 - 1:09 AM By ANDREW BAGNATO AP Basketball Writer
TEMPE, Ariz.(AP) -- Ty Abbott scored 19 points and Rihards Kuksiks had 12 as Arizona State rallied to defeat Oregon 61-51 on Saturday and keep pace in the Pac-10 race.
Abbott hit 5 of 13 shots from beyond the arc to spark the Sun Devils (18-8, 8-5 Pac-10), who trailed by nine points late in the first half. Arizona State remained a game behind California, which beat Washington State earlier in the afternoon.
The Sun Devils broke open a close game with a 12-0 run midway through the second half. Abbott connected three times from beyond the arc during that stretch.
Malcolm Armstead scored 16 points and Matt Humphrey had 11 for Oregon (12-12, 4-8), which has dropped eight of 10 games after a 2-0 start in Pac-10 play.
- Altman on Coach K: 'I had no problem with what he did' Apr 1
- Coach K apologizes to Altman for postgame chat with Brooks Mar 26
- Altman backs Brooks after late-game drama with Coach K Mar 26
- Oklahoma's Kruger, Oregon's Altman test bond in Elite Eight Mar 25
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- Oregon takes the national stage against defending champ Duke Mar 23
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Tyler Dorsey a catalyst to Oregon's surge for No. 1 seed Mar 17
- Oregon's rise on national stage highlighted by top seed Mar 15
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- Oregon breaks into top 10, highest ranking since '07 Feb 29
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27