Siena defeats Canisius 74-57Feb 14, 2010 - 9:36 PM BUFFALO, N.Y.(AP) -- Alex Franklin scored 26 points and Ryan Rossiter had 15 points and 17 rebounds as Siena defeated Canisius 74-57 victory on Sunday.
Franklin was 11-for-16 from the field and the Saints (22-5, 15-1 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference) shot 54.4 percent (31 of 57) to win for the 16th time in 17 games.
Siena, which has clinched the MAAC regular-season title, closed the first half on a 10-0 run to take a 36-26 lead. Rossiter scored four points, Kyle Griffin hit a 3-pointer and O.D. Anosike converted a three-point play as the Saints built a lead they wouldn't relinquish.
Franklin scored two layups during an 8-3 stretch that gave Siena a 68-51 lead with 4:15 remaining.
Clarence Jackson added 16 points for the Saints, who completed a season sweep of Canisius (12-15, 7-9).
Bob Bevilacqua scored 17 points and Frank Turner had 15 points and nine assists for Canisius.
- NCAA BB
CANISIUS 57 FINAL
Feb 14 3:55 PM
- NCAA BB
CANISIUS 26 HALFTIME
Feb 14 2:57 PM
- Canisius coach Baron retires after 29-year career May 20
- Siena's Ogunyemi won't have to sit out after transfers Oct 30
- Siena extends Patsos' contract Jun 18
- Siena downs Fresno State in CBI final Apr 5
- Bulldogs and Saints meet in CBI rubber match Apr 5
- Fresno State routs Siena, ties CBI Apr 2
- Siena seeks CBI crown in showdown with Fresno State Apr 2
- Saints and Bulldogs square off in CBI title series Mar 31
- Memphis rolls to win over Siena Nov 29
- Siena faces tall task in clash with No. 21 Memphis Nov 28
- Siena hires Patsos as new head coach Apr 3
- Siena fires coach Buonaguro Mar 12