Massachusetts defeats Saint Joseph's 70-62Feb 14, 2010 - 11:56 PM AMHERST, Mass.(AP) -- Ricky Harris scored 27 points, including seven during an 18-0 run, and Massachusetts defeated Saint Joseph's 70-62 on Sunday.
The Minutemen (10-15, 4-7 Atlantic 10 Conference) trailed 19-14 with 10:49 left in the first half, and held the Hawks (9-16, 3-8) scoreless until 35 seconds into the second half.
Saint Joseph's had six turnovers and missed 13 field goals, including 10 3-pointers, as Massachusetts scored 18 straight, capped by Freddie Riley's jumper for a 32-19 lead 13 seconds into the second half.
The Hawks shot just 25.9 percent in the first half (7 of 27) in their second loss of the season to Massachusetts. The Minutemen won 87-80 on Jan. 27.
Anthony Gurley finished with 15 points and Sean Carter grabbed 11 rebounds for the Minutemen.
Garrett Williamson scored 19 points, Darrin Govens 15 and Justin Crosgile 13 for Saint Joseph's.
- Versatility a key as top-seed Oregon faces St. Joseph's Mar 19
- Saint Joseph's and Cincinnati to play in 1st round of NCAAs Mar 17
- Saint Joseph's flying high as Atlantic 10 contenders Feb 19
- Saint Joseph's rolls to 75-60 win over Penn Jan 20
- No. 25 VCU survives challenge from UMass Feb 21
- UMass pays visit to No. 25 VCU Feb 21
- Sharp shooting leads VCU past Saint Joseph's Jan 11
- Hawks seek upset of 20th-ranked Rams Jan 10
- No. 10 Villanova rolls past Saint Joseph's Dec 6
- Bitter rivals clash, as Hawks visit Wildcats Dec 6
- No. 13 Gonzaga rips SJU Nov 20
- Hawks fly west to take on 13th-ranked Bulldogs Nov 19