Bowling Green defeats Miami 67-64Feb 14, 2010 - 9:35 PM BOWLING GREEN, Ohio(AP) -- Erik Marschall scored 17 points and Bowling Green rallied to defeat Miami (Ohio) 67-64 on Sunday.
The Falcons (13-11, 6-6 Mid-American Conference) trailed 33-27 at halftime, but shot 56.5 percent from the field in the second half (13 of 23), ending the Red Hawks' five-game winning streak.
Bowling Green scored the first 14 points after halftime, building a 41-33 lead on Joe Jakubowski's 3 with 15:23 to play.
The Red Hawks (11-14, 8-4) reclaimed the lead, 49-47, on Julian Mavunga's jumper with 8:57 remaining and built it to four on Adam Fletcher's jumper less than a minute later.
After a Dee Brown 3 and a Miami turnover, Marschall's layup gave Bowling Green the lead for good, 52-51, with 6:11 left.
The Falcons sealed the win with an 8 of 10 effort from the foul line in the final minute.
Nick Winbush had a double-double for Miami with 14 points and 10 rebounds.
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- No. 21 Buckeyes overwhelm RedHawks Dec 22
- Buckeyes seek turnaround in clash with RedHawks Dec 22
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Williams, UMass down Miami-Ohio Jan 5
- RedHawks hit road seeking upset of 23rd-ranked Minutemen Jan 4
- Balanced Badgers hammer Bowling Green Nov 22
- 12th-ranked Badgers set sights on Falcons Nov 21
- Grant leads No. 21 Notre Dame past Miami-Ohio Nov 9
- Irish tip season off against RedHawks Nov 8