Dean lifts Eastern Washington past Montana 69-68Feb 14, 2010 - 11:26 PM CHENEY, Wash.(AP) -- Glen Dean had 23 points and seven assists, and sank a foul shot with 2.5 seconds left that carried Eastern Washington to a 69-68 victory over Montana on Sunday.
Jeffrey Forbes added 18 points and Mark Dunn 13 for the Eagles (8-18, 4-8 Big Sky), winners of consecutive games for the first time since Nov. 21. Anthony Johnson scored 28 points for the Grizzlies (18-8, 9-5), who had won five straight.
After Montana's Michael Taylor tied the game at 68-all with a corner 3-pointer with 24.8 seconds left, Dean was fouled on a drive to the basket. The freshman hit the first shot, missed the second intentionally and Montana - without a timeout - was forced into a desperation shot attempt by Will Cherry from halfcourt.
Behind 59-percent shooting, Eastern Washington opened a 36-28 halftime edge that was quickly erased by Montana's 9-0 burst to start the second half.
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 69 FINAL
Feb 14 6:02 PM
- NCAA BB
EASTERN WASH 36 HALFTIME
Feb 14 4:49 PM
- Eastern Washington's college basketball game postponed Nov 17
- Eastern Washington routs D-III member George Fox 126-64 Nov 15
- Eastern Washington's Harvey turning pro Apr 1
- Georgetown topples Eastern Washington to advance Mar 20
- Hoyas set sights on Eagles in South Regional action Mar 19
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Unbeaten Huskies rally past Eastern Washington Dec 14
- Huskies seek to ground Eagles Dec 14
- SMU tops Eastern Washington to end skid Nov 23
- Mustangs hope to end slide against undefeated Eagles Nov 22
- Eastern Washington's Hayford gets new five-year deal Jun 13