Lewis leads Southern Cal to sweep of UCLA, 68-64Feb 15, 2010 - 5:31 AM LOS ANGELES(AP) -- Dwight Lewis scored 23 points and Southern Cal swept the season series from UCLA with a 68-64 victory Sunday night.
It was the first time since 2004 and only the sixth time in the last 50 years that the Trojans (15-9, 7-5 Pac-10) won both regular season meetings.
Reserve Donte Smith matched his career-high with 12 points for USC, which has won three straight and beat UCLA (11-13, 6-6) for the first time in the Galen Center, which opened in 2006.
Four players scored in double digits for the Bruins, led by Michael Roll with 21. Malcolm Lee had 13 points and eight rebounds, and Nikola Dragovic added 12 points.
After Reeves Nelson made a layup to cut USC's lead to 49-47 with just under 9 minutes to play, the Trojans scored seven straight points to pull away for good.
- NCAA BB
USC 68 FINAL
Feb 15 12:11 AM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
UCLA 29 29
USC 32 32 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
UCLA - NIKOLA DRAGOVIC 9, REEVES NELSON 8,
MICHAEL ROLL 5
USC - DWIGHT LEWIS 12, MARCUS JOHNSON 7,
DONTE SMITH 7
Feb 14 10:55 PM
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Southern California extends coach Andy Enfield's contract Mar 28
- NCAA wins scarce lately for Providence, Southern Cal Mar 16
- USC chosen for first NCAA Tournament since 2011 Mar 13
- UCLA guard Bryce Alford recovering from hit to jaw Mar 6
- Power outage briefly cuts lights at Oregon-USC game Mar 5
- UCLA has deep, balanced team in Steve Alford's 3rd season Oct 28
- UCLA Preview Capsule Oct 28
- Southern California looks to improved talent to find way up Oct 28
- Southern California Preview Capsule Oct 28
- UCLA freshman Looney declares for NBA Draft Apr 6
- Gonzaga advances after pulling away from UCLA Mar 28