Favors, Georgia Tech beat North Carolina 68-51Feb 17, 2010 - 4:23 AM By CHARLES ODUM AP Sports Writer
ATLANTA(AP) -- Freshman Derrick Favors shook off a scoring slump with 13 points and Georgia Tech beat North Carolina 68-51 on Tuesday night in the Tar Heels' lowest scoring game in the Roy Williams era.
North Carolina's previous scoring low in Williams' seven seasons as coach came in a 64-54 loss to Duke on Feb. 10. The Tar Heels also set Williams-era lows for points in a half after trailing 41-21 at halftime.
Georgia Tech (18-8, 6-6 Atlantic Coast Conference) ended a two-game losing streak and completed its first regular-season sweep of the Tar Heels since 1995-96. The Yellow Jackets are 5-1 at home, but 1-5 on the road in ACC games.
North Carolina (14-12, 3-8) fell to 2-8 in its last 10 games, with its only wins in that span coming against N.C. State.
- NCAA BB
FINAL 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
NORTH CAROLINA 21 30 51
GEORGIA TECH 41 27 68 FINAL
HIGH SCORERS: NORTH CAROLINA - DEON THOMPSON 17, JOHN HENSON 11,
LARRY DREW II 7
GEORGIA TECH - DERRICK FAVORS 13, BRIAN OLIVER 12,
ZACHERY PEACOCK 12
Feb 16 11:12 PM
- NCAA BB
NORTH CAROLINA 21
GEORGIA TECH 41 HALFTIME
Feb 16 10:00 PM
- Justin Jackson withdraws from draft, will return to UNC May 16
- UNC's Meeks back for senior year after NBA draft flirtation May 4
- UNC: Jackson, Meeks declare for NBA but not hiring agent Apr 22
- Attorney: NCAA also deserves blame in UNC fraud scandal Apr 19
- UNC's Williams aims to coach Tar Heels another 5-9 years Apr 12
- Georgia Tech hires Pastner from Memphis to replace Gregory Apr 9
- UNC reserve Kenny Williams III recovering from knee surgery Apr 7
- Tar Heels begin moving forward after falling short of title Apr 5
- UNC's Berry on crutches with foot injury after Final Four Apr 5
- Williams and Tar Heels stunned by last-second loss to 'Nova Apr 5
- UNC, Syracuse vastly different but familiar Final Four foes Apr 2
- Double-digit not Cinderella for Syracuse; UNC last No. 1 Mar 31