Michigan escapes Iowa in overtime 80-78Feb 17, 2010 - 4:31 AM IOWA CITY, Iowa(AP) -- DeShawn Sims scored 27 points and Michigan came from behind in the final seconds of regulation and again in overtime to beat Iowa 80-78 on Tuesday night.
Manny Harris added 20 points for Michigan (13-12, 6-7 Big Ten), which trailed by five with less than 20 seconds left in regulation and was down three in overtime before hitting two big shots.
Stu Douglass made a 3-pointer to tie it at 72 and Sims canned a long fadeaway from the left side for a 74-72 lead. Michigan's Laval Lucas-Perry followed with two free throws to make it 76-72 and the Wolverines held on.
In regulation, Sims hit a 3 from the top of the key with 6.1 seconds left to tie it.
Aaron Fuller led Iowa (9-18, 3-11) with career highs of 30 points and 13 rebounds. Matt Gatens scored 21 and Culley Payne 13.
- NCAA BB
IOWA 78 FINAL IN 1ST OT
Feb 16 11:20 PM
- NCAA BB
IOWA 66 END OF 2ND HALF GOING INTO OVERTIME
Feb 16 11:02 PM
- NCAA BB
HALFTIME 1ST 2ND TOTAL
--- --- -----
MICHIGAN 33 33
IOWA 32 32 HALFTIME
HIGH SCORERS AT HALFTIME
MICHIGAN - LAVAL LUCAS-PERRY 9, MANNY HARRIS 7, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 6
IOWA - AARON FULLER 15, MATT GATENS 9, TWO
PLAYERS WITH 3
Feb 16 9:49 PM
- Peter Jok to return to Iowa for senior season May 20
- Michigan-UCLA basketball to play home-and-home series May 13
- Michigan hires assistant hoops coaches Donlon and Washington May 4
- Michigan's Chatman receives release, plans to transfer May 3
- Iowa puts walk-on Nicholas Baer on scholarship Apr 7
- Michigan's Dawkins transferring to play for father at UCF Apr 6
- Michigan lifts transfer restrictions for Doyle, Albrecht Apr 1
- Iowa guard Andrew Fleming to transfer Mar 31
- Doyle, Albrecht receive transfer releases from Michigan Mar 29
- Iowa's promising season ends in disappointment Mar 21
- Villanova-Iowa bound to end a Sweet 16 drought, but just 1 Mar 19
- Michigan-Notre Dame is still a great rivalry Mar 17