Morehead State defeats Eastern Kentucky 77-64Feb 18, 2010 - 3:05 AM MOREHEAD, Ky.(AP) -- Maze Stallworth scored 20 points and Morehead State beat Eastern Kentucky 77-64 on Wednesday night.
The Eagles (19-8, 13-3 Ohio Valley Conference) shot 56.3 percent (18 of 32) in the first half and led 45-25 at halftime.
Kenneth Faried, who finished with 15 points and 16 rebounds, had five points and five boards in the first 2 minutes, sparking Morehead State to a 9-2 lead.
After the Colonels (18-10, 10-6) pulled within 11-8 on Josh Taylor's dunk, Morehead State answered with 10 straight points to go ahead 21-8 with 10:21 left in the first half.
Steve Peterson added 15 points and Demonte Harper 11 for the Eagles.
Eastern Kentucky shot 37 percent from the field (21 of 57), and had two of its top three scorers, Justin Stommes (14.7 points per game) and Papa Oppong (11.3), combine for four points.
Josh Taylor paced Eastern Kentucky with 21 points.
- Morehead State beats Jacksonville State 82-71 Feb 27
- Morehead State routs NAIA St. Catharine 105-66 Feb 16
- Racers rally to beat Morehead State in OVC semis Mar 7
- Eagles challenge Racers in OVC semifinals Mar 6
- No. 18 Miami falls at home to Eastern Kentucky Dec 19
- Colonels seek upset of 18th-ranked Hurricanes Dec 19
- Offense carries Buckeyes past Morehead State Dec 13
- Eagles and Buckeyes square off in non-conference action Dec 13
- Towns, Kentucky rout EKU Dec 8
- Top-ranked Wildcats play host to Colonels Dec 7
- Eastern Kentucky extends Neubauer's contract May 5
- Kansas advances with win over EKU Mar 21