Cent. Connecticut St. 58, Mount St. Mary's, Md. 85Feb 19, 2010 - 2:13 AM EMMITSBURG, Md. (AP) -- Jeremy Goode scored 26 points and Mount St. Mary's (Md.) shot 64.3 percent from the 3-point line to defeat Central Connecticut State 85-58 on Thursday night.
Goode hit two of his three 3-point attempts to help the Mountaineers (12-14, 9-6 Northeast Conference) go 9-for-14 from beyond the arc and extend their winning streak to seven games.
Mount St. Mary's led 40-35 at halftime, but outscored Central Connecticut State 45-23 in the second half as the Blue Devils (9-17, 6-8) shot 36 percent from the field (9-for-25).
Central Connecticut State scored the first basket of the second half, but the Mountaineers went on an 11-0 run for a 51-37 lead with 15:46 left. They extended the lead to 65-40 on Goode's jumper with 8:39 to play.
Kelly Beidler and Shawn Atupem scored 14 points each for the Mountaineers.
Shemik Thompson scored 22 and Joe Efese had 15 for the Blue Devils.
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL CONN 58
MT ST MARYS 85 FINAL
Feb 18 8:47 PM
- NCAA BB
CENTRAL CONN 35
MT ST MARYS 40 HALFTIME
Feb 18 7:45 PM
- Former UConn star Marshall to coach Central Connecticut Apr 6
- Dickenman retires after 20 years at Central Connecticut Feb 19
- CCSU holds off late charge by Robert Morris to win, 75-70 Feb 4
- Mount St. Mary's coasts to 70-49 win over Robert Morris Jan 28
- Robert Morris uses late first-half run, beats CCSU 59-45 Jan 21
- Mt. St. Mary's uses big 1st half to beat Robert Morris 76-52 Jan 14
- Carter, Robinson carry BC past Central Conn. 82-57 Nov 19
- Ross leads No. 5 Buckeyes over CCSU Dec 7
- Blue Devils face tall task in clash with fifth-ranked Buckeyes Dec 7
- LIU Brooklyn downs Mount St. Mary's, wins NEC title Mar 12
- NEC crown up for grabs as Blackbirds take on Mountaineers Mar 12
- Boeheim matches Knight as Syracuse rolls Dec 31