Stohl, Campbell lead Portland to 83-62 victoryFeb 19, 2010 - 3:25 AM MALIBU, Calif.(AP) -- Jared Stohl and T.J. Campbell each scored 18 points and Portland defeated Pepperdine 83-62 Thursday night.
Robin Smeulders added 13 points for the Pilots (17-8, 8-3 West Coast Conference), who have won three straight and seven of eight.
Keion Bell scored 23 points to lead the Waves (7-20, 3-8), who lost their eighth in a row.
Portland shot 53.8 percent from the field and was 13 for 25 from 3-point range. Stohl hit six 3-pointers, and Campbell finished 5-for-6 from beyond the arc.
The Pilots led by five at halftime and put together a 21-7 run midway through the second half for a 71-49 lead 6:45 to play. Portland later pushed its advantage to as many as 24 points.
The Pilots took a 35-30 lead into intermission after closing the first half with a 13-5 run.
- NCAA BB
PEPPERDINE 62 FINAL
Feb 18 9:52 PM
- NCAA BB
PEPPERDINE 30 HALFTIME
Feb 18 8:43 PM
- Terry Porter introduced as new Portland Pilots coach Apr 5
- Portland Pilots hire Terry Porter as basketball coach Apr 2
- Wintering sparks Portland past Abilene Christian, 87-57 Nov 23
- Pepperdine extends Wilson Jun 5
- Gonzaga beats Pepperdine to reach WCC final Mar 10
- Bulldogs battle Waves in WCC semifinals Mar 9
- Gonzaga slips past Pepperdine in 2nd half Feb 14
- Waves hope to come crashing down on third-ranked Bulldogs Feb 14
- No. 3 Gonzaga routs Portland Jan 30
- Pilots hope to fly past third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 29
- No. 3 Gonzaga edges Pepperdine Jan 16
- Waves hope to wash away third-ranked Bulldogs Jan 15