Mavraides leads Princeton past Yale 82-58Feb 20, 2010 - 2:30 AM PRINCETON, N.J.(AP) -- Dan Mavraides scored 20 points and Princeton pulled away early in an 82-58 rout over Yale on Friday night.
Patrick Saunders finished with 14 points, Douglas Davis had 12 and Kareem Maddox added 10 off the bench for the Tigers (16-6, 7-1 Ivy League), who have won nine of their last 10. They also made 13 shots from beyond the arc.
Princeton, which shot 50.8 percent from the floor (31-for-61), had its lead cut to 28-24 with 5:27 left in the first half on a dunk by Paul Nelson. But the Tigers answered with a 14-0 run over the next 5 minutes, capped by Pawel Buczak's 3-pointer to take a 42-24 lead.
Mavraides, who went 8-for-14 from the floor and made four 3-pointers, knocked down a jumper with 14:30 to play to give Princeton a 58-33 advantage - its largest of the game.
Greg Mangano was the only Yale (10-16, 4-5) player to score in double figures with 11 points.
- Defending champ Duke, upstart Yale ready for 2nd round clash Mar 18
- From controversy to NCAA upset artist, Yale eyeing more Mar 18
- Yale blocks out captain's dismissal heading to NCAA tourney Mar 16
- Former Yale captain says he'll sue school over expulsion Mar 14
- Yale, without captain, celebrates first bid in 54 years Mar 13
- Yale team navigates campus anger amid NCAA Tournament bid Mar 10
- Yale captain Montague won't return to Ivy league leaders Feb 24
- Princeton forward Hans Brase to miss basketball season Nov 15
- Harvard edges Yale in thriller for Ivy League title Mar 15
- Murray State beats Yale for CIT title Apr 3
- Racers host Bulldogs for CIT crown Apr 3
- Napier's triple-double leads UConn past Yale Nov 11