Army beats rival Navy 69-50Feb 20, 2010 - 11:18 PM WEST POINT, N.Y.(AP) -- Cleveland Richard scored 15 points and Chris Walker added a season-high 14, leading Army past rival Navy 69-50 on Saturday.
It was Richard's career-best seventh straight game in double figures for the Black Knights (14-12, 4-8 Patriot League) while Walker also grabbed a team-high seven rebounds.
Marcus Nelson recorded one blocked shot to tie the Army career record of 74 held by Jimmy Sewell (2003-07). Walker blocked three shots and stands fifth all-time with 52.
The win snapped the Black Knights' three-game losing streak.
O.J. Avworo and Jordan Sugars scored 13 points each for the Midshipmen (13-14, 7-5).
It was Navy's lowest scoring output of the season and just the third time this year they did not score at least 60 points. Army, the league's top-ranked scoring defense, improved to 13-2 this season when keeping opponents to less than 60 points.
- NCAA BB
ARMY 69 FINAL
Feb 20 4:07 PM
- NCAA BB
ARMY 36 HALFTIME
Feb 20 3:02 PM
- Okafor, No. 4 Duke beat Army Nov 30
- No. 4 Duke plays host to Army Nov 30
- Michigan State avoids upset in Annapolis Nov 15
- No. 18 Michigan State opens campaign at Navy Nov 14
- Army extends contracts of Spiker, Magarity Aug 20
- No. 10 Missouri cruises past Navy Dec 10
- 10th-ranked Tigers set sights on Midshipmen in Columbia Dec 10
- Army, Penn to play before Duke-Butler game Jul 8
- Lehigh moves past Army 64-45 Mar 3
- American U advances to semis; beats Navy 62-60 Mar 3
- Shazier, Cohen lead Bucknell past Army, 62-51 Feb 27
- Jonson, Roemer lead Colgate past Navy 85-73 Feb 27