Westbrook, Minnesota dominate Indiana 81-58Feb 21, 2010 - 3:10 AM By DAVE CAMPBELL AP Sports Writer
MINNEAPOLIS(AP) -- Lawrence Westbrook bounced back from a bad game with 20 points, including four 3-pointers, to lead Minnesota to an 81-58 victory over Indiana on Saturday night.
Damian Johnson was again the all-around spark for the Gophers (16-10, 7-7 Big Ten) with 16 points, 10 rebounds and three blocks. They have their first two-game winning streak in conference play since beating bottom-dwellers Penn State and Iowa to start the slate.
Building from an emotional win over No. 14 Wisconsin here two nights ago, the Gophers - shooting for sixth place and a chance to sneak into the NCAA tournament - led from start to finish.
Devan Dumes scored a season-high 20 points for the young Hoosiers (9-17, 3-11), who lost their eighth straight game. They fell to 15-42 overall and 4-28 in the Big Ten under coach Tom Crean.
Jeremiah Rivers and Verdell Jones III each added 10 points.
- NCAA BB
MINNESOTA 81 FINAL
Feb 20 10:03 PM
- NCAA BB
MINNESOTA 44 HALFTIME
Feb 20 8:57 PM
- Under-pressure Pitino: 'We've got to get this right' May 12
- Audit finds overspending on travel by Gophers' coach May 11
- Prosecutor delays charging decision against Minnesota player May 10
- Minnesota: Basketball player arrested on sex assault charge May 8
- Blackmon Jr. declares for NBA draft without hiring agent Apr 25
- Guard Akeem Springs joins Minnesota as graduate transfer Apr 19
- Indiana forward Troy Williams enters NBA draft, could return Apr 12
- Thomas Bryant to return for sophomore season at Indiana Apr 7
- Minnesota guard to transfer after sex video suspension Apr 4
- Former Indiana Hoosiers star Archie Dees dies at age 80 Apr 4
- 3 Minnesota players suspended for video are reinstated Mar 29
- Sweet 16 loss to North Carolina ends Yogi years at Indiana Mar 26