Samuels, Sosa lead Louisville past DePaul 68-59Feb 20, 2010 - 9:42 PM ROSEMONT, Ill.(AP) -- Samardo Samuels scored 14 points and Edgar Sosa 13 to lead Louisville to a 68-59 victory over DePaul on Saturday.
The victory was the third straight for the Cardinals (18-9, 9-5 Big East), who opened the week with a 66-60 upset of No. 5 Syracuse. The loss was the eighth straight for DePaul (8-18, 1-13).
Mac Koshwal paced the Blue Demons with a game-high 26 points, tying a career high. He added 10 rebounds.
A large contingent of Louisville fans - about half the house - watched the Cardinals use an 11-2 run late in the second half to turn a 49-48 deficit into a 59-50 lead with 3:05 to play.
The Cardinals led 32-27 after a first half that included four lead changes, the last with 6:35 left when Kyle Kuric hit a 3-pointer for a 22-21 Louisville edge. Kuric had seven first-half points and Samuels 12.
- NCAA BB
DEPAUL 59 FINAL
Feb 20 4:07 PM
- NCAA BB
DEPAUL 27 HALFTIME
Feb 20 2:55 PM
- Louisville sophomore Onuaku to undergo heart procedure May 17
- Louisville students' lawsuit against escort is dismissed May 3
- Louisville announces more sanctions for men's basketball Apr 6
- Pitino elevates Johnson to Louisville associate head coach Mar 15
- Cardinals' Pitino says he saw nothing 'unusual' at dormitory Mar 15
- Pitino: Will use offseason to decide future with Louisville Mar 1
- Transfers Lewis, Lee relish time spent at No. 11 Louisville Feb 29
- Louisville's Mahmoud out for final 6 games with ankle injury Feb 15
- Pitino: Mathiang won't return this season after foot injury Feb 12
- Louisville's Pitino awaits NCAA interview about sex scandal Feb 9
- Louisville's Pitino: Fine schools, coaches for violations Feb 6
- Louisville men's basketball team coping with postseason ban Feb 6