Montana defeats Sacramento State, 86-58Feb 21, 2010 - 2:26 AM MISSOULA, Mont.(AP) -- Ryan Staudacher scored 17 points and Montana defeated Sacramento State, 86-58, in Big Sky Conference play on Saturday.
Staudacher hit on 5 of 7 from 3-point range. The Grizzles (19-8, 10-5) as a team hit 10 of 18 (55.6 percent) from long range.
From the field the Grizzles had a hard time missing. They hit on 32 of 52 shots (61.5 percent). Anthony Johnson and Will Cherry each went for 16 points.
The Hornets (9-19, 3-11) were led by Sultan Toles-Bey with 14 points, including making 3 of 4 from beyond the arc. Michael Selling and Justin Eller each had 12 points.
The Grizzles came out of the half and took they 37-31 lead and extended it to a 57-35 lead with a 20-4 run to open the first 7:54 of the half. There lead was never threatened the rest of the game.
Montana has won nine of their last 11 games. The Hornets are on a three-game losing streak.
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 58
MONTANA 86 FINAL
Feb 20 8:03 PM
- NCAA BB
SACRAMENTO ST 31
MONTANA 37 HALFTIME
Feb 20 6:57 PM
- Harvey, Eastern Washington rally past Montana for Big Sky crown Mar 14
- Grizzlies, Eagles engage in Big Sky title bout Mar 14
- Gonzaga pounds Sacramento State Nov 15
- Bulldogs get underway in showdown with Hornets Nov 14
- Montana tabs DeCuire to replace Tinkle May 31
- Adams leads the way again as UCLA rolls Nov 19
- Hornets hoping to sting Bruins Nov 18
- Montana dismisses Coleman Jun 7
- Syracuse advances in rout of Montana Mar 22
- Orange set sights on Grizzlies in East Regional tilt Mar 20
- Montana repeats as Big Sky champions Mar 17
- Weber State takes on Montana in Big Sky title game Mar 16