Leonard's 7 3s lead Missouri St. past Drake 75-59Feb 25, 2010 - 3:32 AM SPRINGFIELD, Mo.(AP) -- Adam Leonard hit seven 3-pointers and finished with 24 points as Missouri State defeated Drake 75-59 Wednesday night.
Kyle Weems added 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Bears (19-10, 8-9 Missouri Valley Conference), who beat the Bulldogs in Springfield for the ninth straight time and the 18th time in 19 games.
Josh Young led Drake (13-17, 7-10) with 20 points.
Missouri State pulled away for good early in the second half. The Bears extended their 33-29 halftime advantage to 44-31 in the first three minutes of the second half and led by at least eight the rest of the way. Missouri State hit three 3s during its 11-2 run.
Leonard hit three 3s in the first 5:02 as the Bears raced out to 16-4 advantage. Drake, though, rallied and took a 27-26 lead with 4:37 remaining before halftime. Missouri State answered with a 7-2 run and never trailed again.
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI ST 75 FINAL
Feb 24 9:54 PM
- NCAA BB
MISSOURI ST 33 HALFTIME
Feb 24 8:49 PM
- Drake hoping to turn corner in 2015-16 Oct 5
- Tuttle, UNI cruise past Missouri State Feb 15
- Bears face uphill climb in bout with 13th-ranked Panthers Feb 15
- VanVleet posts triple-double; Shockers slam Bears Feb 7
- Northern Iowa easily handles Drake Feb 7
- Shockers play host to Bears in MVC action Feb 7
- Bulldogs hit road to challenge 14th-ranked Panthers Feb 7
- No. 14 Wichita State routs Drake Jan 25
- Drake seeks upset of No. 14 Wichita State Jan 25
- No. 14 Wichita State blows past Missouri State Jan 21
- Bears face uphill climb in clash with Shockers Jan 21
- Northern Iowa downs Missouri State Jan 18