Boateng's big night gives ASU big win, 68-60Feb 26, 2010 - 5:16 AM STANFORD, Calif.(AP) -- Eric Boateng scored a career-high 24 points and Derek Glasser had 20, lifting Arizona State to a 68-60 victory over Stanford on Thursday night.
The Sun Devils (20-8, 10-5 Pac-10) remained alone in second place in the Pac-10, one-half game behind first-place California, which defeated Arizona 95-71 on Thursday night. The Sun Devils and Bears play Saturday at Berkeley, Calif.
ASU has now posted three straight seasons with at least 20 victories under coach Herb Sendek.
Landry Fields, the Pac-10's leading scorer, led Stanford (13-5, 7-9) with 19 points and eight rebounds, while Drew Shiller scored a season-high 16 points.
Ty Abbott scored 10 points - all in the second half - for the Sun Devils, who won their fourth straight game. Boateng went 11 for 11 from the field, all of his shots coming from close range.
- NCAA BB
ARIZONA ST 68
STANFORD 60 FINAL
Feb 25 11:49 PM
- NCAA BB
ARIZONA ST 28
STANFORD 35 HALFTIME
Feb 25 10:44 PM
- Stanford's Rosco Allen declares for NBA draft Apr 1
- Stanford coach Jerod Haase once thought he'd play for school Mar 28
- Stanford hires Jerod Haase as new men's basketball coach Mar 25
- Arizona State's Savon Goodman leaves the program Mar 24
- Stanford fires coach Johnny Dawkins after 8 seasons Mar 14
- Stanford suspends point guard Christian Sanders Mar 3
- Taylor leads No. 22 Utah over No. 9 Arizona 70-64 Feb 27
- Arizona State's Spight leaves program, will transfer Feb 23
- Stanford F Reid Travis to miss remainder of season Feb 23
- Pickens helps Stanford beat Carroll College 83-38 Dec 28
- Arizona State looking forward to challenge in Lexington Dec 10
- Arizona State rolls over Kennesaw State 91-53 Nov 18