Detroit knocks off Cleveland State 65-54Feb 26, 2010 - 3:39 AM CLEVELAND(AP) -- Xavier Keeling scored 21 points to lead four Detroit players in double figures and the Titans defeated Cleveland State 65-54 on Thursday night.
Thomas Kennedy scored 15, Eli Holman added 14 and 10 rebounds and Chase Simon had 11 points for Detroit (17-13, 8-9 Horizon League).
Detroit shot 53.6 percent from the field (15-for-28) in the first half and hit seven 3-pointers to take a 41-30 halftime lead. Kennedy hit a 3-pointer and Simon followed with consecutive treys to give the Titans a 41-27 lead with 1:26 left.
Cleveland State (14-16, 9-8), which has lost four straight games, cut the deficit to 46-43 on Norris Cole's jumper with 14:26 left, but Detroit pushed it back to 55-46 on Keeling's 3 with 7:50 to play.
The Titans shot 71.4 percent from the 3-point line (10-for-14).
Cole scored 20, D'Aundray Brown had 11 and Jeremy Montgomery added 10 for Cleveland State.
- NCAA BB
CLEVELAND ST 54 FINAL
Feb 25 9:35 PM
- NCAA BB
CLEVELAND ST 30 HALFTIME
Feb 25 8:25 PM
- Virginia downs Cleveland State, moves to 10-0 Dec 18
- No. 6 Virginia gets back to work against Cleveland State Dec 18
- Wichita State rallies past Detroit Dec 13
- Titans seek upset of 11th-ranked Shockers Dec 13
- Louisville grinds past Cleveland State for Pitino's 700th win Nov 26
- Cardinals set sights on Vikings Nov 26
- No. 24 Michigan pulls away to beat Detroit Nov 20
- Intrastate rivals collide, as Titans visit Wolverines Nov 20
- Kentucky fends off upset-minded Cleveland State Nov 25
- Vikings face daunting task against mighty Wildcats Nov 25
- Calhoun, UConn rout Detroit Nov 14
- Huskies host Titans in 2K Sports Classic Nov 14