N.J. Tech 57, Utah Valley St. 65Mar 5, 2010 - 5:30 AM OREM, Utah (AP) -- Jordan Swarbrick scored 13 points, including 8 of 10 from the free throw line, to lead Utah Valley to a 65-57 victory over NJIT on Thursday night.
Kevin Woods added 12 points and Shawn Deadwiler 10 for the Wolverines (12-16, 5-7 Great West Conference), who led 25-18 at halftime.
Jheryl Wilson went 9-for-13 from the floor and made all seven free throws in scoring 26 points for the Highlanders (9-18, 4-6). Chris Flores added 10 points.
Aaron England's basket with 4:02 left in the first half put the Wolverines ahead 19-18, and they never relinquished the lead.
Deadwiler gave Utah Valley its biggest lead with a 3-pointer that made it 47-27 with 9:28 remaining. NJIT did not get closer than seven points the rest of the way.
The Wolverines are now 7-1 all-time against the Highlanders. However, NJIT won the first meeting between the teams Jan. 30 in Newark.
- NCAA BB
UTAH VALLEY ST 65 FINAL
Mar 4 11:02 PM
- NCAA BB
UTAH VALLEY ST 25 HALFTIME
Mar 4 9:58 PM
- Brian Kennedy taking over as head basketball coach at NJIT Apr 13
- Lynn's 27 points leads NJIT late surge past USF Nov 16
- Villanova uses second-half charge to down upset-minded NJIT Dec 24
- NJIT faces tall task in clash with No. 7 Villanova Dec 23
- No. 3 Arizona makes short work of Utah Valley Dec 10
- Wolverines hit road seeking upset of third-ranked Wildcats Dec 9
- NJIT stuns No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- NJIT faces uphill climb in clash with No. 17 Michigan Dec 6
- Brawl ends Utah Valley-New Mexico State game Feb 28
- Oregon routs Utah Valley Nov 20
- Utah Valley challenges No. 17 Oregon Nov 19
- Smart helps Oklahoma State ease past Utah Valley Nov 12