Mount St. Mary, N.Y. 53, Stony Brook 87Nov 17, 2009 - 3:39 AM STONY BROOK, N.Y. (AP) -- Tommy Brenton had 11 points, 15 rebounds and eight assists to lead five Stony Brook players in double figures as the Seawolves defeated Mount Saint Mary College 87-53 on Monday night.
Brenton, who also had four steals and two assists, was 5-for-7 from the field and six of his rebounds came on the offensive end.
Desmond Adedeji led Stony Brook (2-0) with a career-high 16 points. Muhammad El-Amin scored 15, Preye Preboye had 12 and Chris Martin added 11 points for the Seawolves.
The score was tied at 10 just 6 minutes into the game, but Adedeji scored on an inside basket and Preboye and Eddie Castellanos followed with fast-break baskets to give Stony Brook a 16-10 lead with 13 minutes left in the first half.
Mount Saint Mary (0-1), a Division III program, was led by Chris Kingly, who had 14 points. Carlos Valdez and Lenny Ragaglia scored 10 points each.
- Stony Brook hires Ohio State's Boals as basketball coach Apr 9
- Kentucky routs Stony Brook 85-57, gets Indiana next Mar 18
- No. 4 seed Kentucky opens NCAA Tournament vs. Stony Brook Mar 17
- At Stony Brook, team and fan help each other cope with loss Mar 16
- Mount St. Mary's coasts to 70-49 win over Robert Morris Jan 28
- Mt. St. Mary's uses big 1st half to beat Robert Morris 76-52 Jan 14
- Stony Brook with 91-42 win over Div. III Farmingdale State Nov 28
- Albany stuns Stony Brook to win third straight AEC crown Mar 14
- Stony Brook and Albany meet for AEC title Mar 14
- Stony Brook stuns No. 13 Washington Dec 28
- Seawolves head to land of Seahawks to test Huskies Dec 28
- Albany tops Stony Brook to repeat as America East champ Mar 15