Vermont edges Boston U. 76-75Feb 10, 2010 - 2:55 AM BOSTON(AP) -- Evan Fjeld hit a layup with 9.4 seconds left to lift Vermont to a 76-75 victory over Boston University on Tuesday night.
Marqus Blakely led the Catamounts (18-8, 9-3 America East Conference) with 21 points and 12 rebounds.
Boston U. (13-12, 8-5) took a 75-71 lead on Tyler Morris' layup with 1:05 left, but Nick Vier hit a 3-pointer with 52 seconds remaining. John Holland missed a jumper for Boston U. with 28 seconds to play, leading to Fjeld's game-winning layup.
The last possession for Boston U. ended with a turnover.
Vermont led by 11 midway through the first half, but neither team led by more than five in the second half.
Joey Accaoui scored 14 points, Maurice Joseph had 12 and Vier finished with 11 for Vermont, which has won four consecutive games.
Holland scored 29, Carlos Strong had 19 and Jake O'Brien added 11 for Boston U., which had won two straight.
- NCAA BB
BOSTON UNIV 75 FINAL
Feb 9 9:21 PM
- NCAA BB
BOSTON UNIV 32 HALFTIME
Feb 9 8:00 PM
- Vermont basketball player suspended for reselling textbooks Dec 24
- No. 1 Kentucky pulls away in 2nd half against BU Nov 21
- Terriers face tall task in clash with top-ranked Wildcats Nov 21
- American takes down BU to win Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Eagles and Terriers meet for Patriot League crown Mar 12
- Duke survives with late win over Vermont Nov 24
- Vermont comes calling on No. 6 Duke Nov 24
- No. 19 UConn cruises past Boston University Nov 17
- Terriers seek upset of 19th-ranked Huskies Nov 17
- Iati lifts Albany over Vermont in America East title game Mar 16
- Albany takes on Vermont in America East title tilt Mar 16
- Napier, UConn top Vermont Nov 13