McLemore's 30 leads Maine past New Hampshire 70-53Feb 18, 2010 - 3:32 AM DURHAM, N.H.(AP) -- Gerald McLemore scored 30 points and Maine took advantage of New Hampshire's poor shooting in a 70-53 win on Wednesday night.
Troy Barnies had 12 points and Murphy Burnatowski added 10 for the Black Bears (17-9, 9-4 America East Conference), who knocked down 10 3-pointers out of 19 attempts (53 percent). Maine shot 50 percent from the floor (20-for-40).
The Wildcats (10-15, 5-9) were held to 28 percent from the field (16 of 57). Alvin Abreu finished with 17 points and five rebounds for New Hampshire, while Chandler Rhoads added 12 points.
Maine scored the first eight points of the game, pushing its lead to 40-23 on a layup by Mike Allison. McLemore's layup gave the Black Bears a 20-point lead - their largest of the game - with 18:49 to play.
New Hampshire, which had more offensive rebounds (14-2) than Maine, pulled no closer than 14 points the rest of the way.
- NCAA BB
NEW HAMPSHIRE 53 FINAL
Feb 17 9:08 PM
- NCAA BB
NEW HAMPSHIRE 27 HALFTIME
Feb 17 7:59 PM
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- Maine names Walsh men's basketball coach May 7
- No. 12 Connecticut crushes Maine Dec 6
- Black Bears come calling on 12th-ranked Huskies Dec 6
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22
- Golden Eagles seek redemption in clash with visiting Wildcats Nov 21
- No. 4 Uconn uses strong second half to defeat Maine Nov 17
- No.4 UConn plays host to Maine Nov 17
- Walker scores 30 as UConn holds off New Hampshire Nov 30
- Vermont beats New Hampshire 57-38 in America East Mar 7
- New Hampshire beats Maine 68-57, moves on to semis Mar 6
- New Hampshire knocks off Stony Brook 77-55 Feb 28