De La Rosa leads UMBC past New Hampshire 79-50Feb 25, 2010 - 3:11 AM DURHAM, N.H.(AP) -- Chris De La Rosa scored 23 points and dished out seven assists to lead Maryland-Baltimore County to a 79-50 rout over New Hampshire on Wednesday night.
Chauncey Gilliam had a double-double with 11 points and 10 rebounds with four assists for the Retrievers (4-25, 3-13 America East Conference), who snapped a three-game losing streak. Brian Neller also had 11 points.
Matt Spadafora, Robbie Jackson and Shawn Grant each finished with 10 points for UMBC.
Spadafora, who also had seven rebounds, made a layup with 1:15 left in the first half to give the Retrievers a 44-24 lead before taking an 18-point lead into halftime. UMBC pushed its lead to 33 - its largest of the game - with 10:07 to play on a slam dunk by Jackson, who finished with four blocked shots.
Tyrone Conley scored 17 points and had six rebounds for the Wildcats (11-16, 5-10). Ferg Myrick added 15 points.
- NCAA BB
NEW HAMPSHIRE 50 FINAL
Feb 24 8:53 PM
- NCAA BB
NEW HAMPSHIRE 26 HALFTIME
Feb 24 7:56 PM
- New Hampshire rolls over Worcester State 100-66 Dec 8
- Marquette holds off New Hampshire Nov 22
- Golden Eagles seek redemption in clash with visiting Wildcats Nov 21
- UMBC's Monroe resigns Oct 10
- Hoosiers stay hot in rout of UMBC Dec 22
- High-flying Hoosiers entertain hapless Retrievers Dec 22
- Notre Dame steamrolls UMBC Dec 22
- Walker's triple-double guides UConn over UMBC Dec 3
- Walker scores 30 as UConn holds off New Hampshire Nov 30
- Vermont beats New Hampshire 57-38 in America East Mar 7
- New Hampshire beats Maine 68-57, moves on to semis Mar 6
- Vermont routs Maryland-Baltimore County 76-59 Mar 6