Bowling Green defeats Florida International 67-62Dec 1, 2009 - 3:04 AM BOWLING GREEN, Ohio(AP) -- Dee Brown scored 20 points on 8-of-16 shooting and Bowling Green defeated Florida International 67-62 on Monday night.
The Falcons (2-3) outscored the Panthers (2-7) 28-16 in the paint. Forward Scott Thomas finished with 10 points.
Bowling Green shot 53.3 percent (16 of 30) in the first half to lead 39-26 at halftime.
The Falcons finished shooting 48 percent from the field (24 of 50) against a Panthers' team which was allowing opponents to shoot 52 percent heading into Monday.
Otis Polk had 11 rebounds for the Falcons, who outrebounded Florida International 39-28.
Antoine Watson, Phil Gary and Marvin Roberts scored 13 points each for the Panthers.
Bowling Green snapped a three-game losing streak, while handing the Panthers their fourth straight loss.
- Bowling Green fires men's hoops coach for conduct breach Apr 2
- No. 5 Louisville powers past FIU Dec 5
- Panthers seek upset of fifth-ranked Cardinals Dec 5
- Jans named head coach at Bowling Green Mar 24
- Reports: Bowling Green to hire Wichita State's Jans Mar 23
- Bowling Green fires Orr Mar 11
- Smith powers Louisville to blowout of FIU Dec 22
- Cardinals fly south to take on Panthers Dec 21
- Balanced Badgers hammer Bowling Green Nov 22
- 12th-ranked Badgers set sights on Falcons Nov 21
- FIU tabs Evans as head coach Apr 16
- Western Kentucky wins back-to-back Sun Belt titles Mar 12