Indiana State cruises to 88-58 opening victoryNov 14, 2009 - 6:54 AM TERRE HAUTE, Ind.(AP) -- Jake Kelly had 16 points to lead five Indiana State players in double figures, and the Sycamores rolled to an 88-58 victory over Nebraska-Kearney on Friday night.
Kelly made all 10 of his free throws in the season opener for both teams.
Rashad Reed scored 14 points off the bench, Jordan Printy added 11 and Harry Marshall and Aaron Carter each scored 10 as the Sycamores led 34-20 at halftime.
Nebraska-Kearney reserve Akeem Morissaint led all scorers with 18 points in 22 minutes. Josiah Parker had 11 points for the Lopers, but no other Nebraska-Kearney player scored more than five.
- Indiana State athletic director resigns after 11-year tenure Dec 19
- No. 11 Wichita State downs Indiana State Feb 25
- Sycamores play host to 11th-ranked Shockers Feb 25
- Wichita State routs Indiana State Feb 11
- Sycamores test luck against 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 11
- Tuttle, Northern Iowa win 10th straight Feb 3
- 14th-ranked Panthers eye up Sycamores in MVC matchup Feb 3
- Bohannon powers No. 20 Northern Iowa past Indiana State Jan 21
- Sycamores challenge 20th-ranked Panthers in MVC melee Jan 21
- No. 23 Butler blows past Indiana State Dec 4
- Bulldogs hit road to tangle with Sycamores Dec 3
- Wichita State stays perfect in MVC final Mar 9