Louisiana Tech defeats Arkansas-Little Rock 86-66Nov 26, 2009 - 4:02 AM RUSTON, La.(AP) -- Magnum Rolle scored 23 to lead three Louisiana Tech players with at least 20 points in an 86-66 win over Arkansas-Little Rock on Wednesday night.
Kyle Gibson added 22 points and Olu Ashaolu chipped in 20 in the Bulldogs' home opener.
Louisiana Tech shot 54.8 percent in the first half (17 of 31) and led 50-33 at halftime.
The Bulldogs (3-1) shot 52.8 percent from the field (28 of 53) with Ashaolu making 8 of 11. Gibson was 6-for-9 from the field and Rolle shot 11 of 14 from the free throw line.
The Bulldogs, who are off to their best start since the 2001-02 season, outscored the Trojans 34-26 in the paint.
Three players scored in double figures for Arkansas-Little Rock (1-3) with Ricky Davison scoring 15, Derrick Bails 12 and Solomon Bozeman 11.
Louisiana Tech snapped a two-game losing streak against the Trojans.
- Arkansas-Little Rock hires Beard as men's coach Apr 9
- Arkansas-Little Rock fires men's coach Shields Mar 18
- Tulsa edges Louisiana Tech to win C-USA title Mar 15
- Tulsa takes on Louisiana Tech for C-USA Tournament title Mar 15
- Oklahoma State downs Louisiana Tech Dec 14
- Bulldogs challenge seventh-ranked Cowboys Dec 14
- Memphis manages to hold off Arkansas-Little Rock Dec 14
- Trojans seek upset of 16th-ranked Tigers Dec 13
- No. 11 Florida cruises past Arkansas-Little Rock Nov 16
- Trojans come calling on 11th-ranked Gators Nov 16
- No. 25 Louisiana Tech downs San Jose State for 18th-straight win Mar 3
- No. 25 La Tech downs Utah State for 17th-straight win Feb 28