Eldridge, Illinois State top Norfolk State 79-66Nov 28, 2009 - 2:31 AM NORMAL, Ill.(AP) -- Osiris Eldridge overcame a bad shooting night to score 20 points as Illinois State defeated Norfolk State 79-66 on the first night of the Basketball Travelers Classic.
Lloyd Phillips scored 18 points and Kellen Thornton had 11 points and 14 assists for the Redbirds (4-0), who shot just 38.7 percent from the field. Eldridge was 4 of 17 overall and 1 of 10 from 3-point range, but he made 11 of 12 from the free-throw line.
Dinma Odiakosa scored 11 and Tony Lewis 10 for Illinois State.
Michael Deloach scored 32 points for Norfolk State (1-3), tying his career high. Rob Hampton was the only other player in double figures for the Spartans with 10 points.
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- No. 15 Wichita State tops Illinois State Feb 14
- Redbirds seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 14
- No. 13 UNI overwhelms Illinois State Feb 11
- Northern Iowa survives against Illinois State Jan 25
- Wichita State avoids shocker against Illinois State Jan 4
- O'Neale's hot shooting powers Baylor past Norfolk St. Dec 30
- Norfolk State hits road to test No, 22 Baylor Dec 30