Gibler, Loyola of Chicago rout St. Ambrose 81-42Nov 28, 2009 - 11:26 PM CHICAGO(AP) -- Walt Gibler's 14 points and nine rebounds led Loyola of Chicago to an 81-42 victory over St. Ambrose on Saturday.
Gibler's point total was a game high, and his rebound statistic tied teammate Andy Polka. The Ramblers (4-1) also got 13 points from Terrance Hill and 11 apiece from Marcus Thomas and Geoff McCammon.
Mike Kennedy led St. Ambrose (4-3) with 11 points, and Chris Donnelly had 10.
St. Ambrose, an NAIA school from Davenport, Iowa, held its last lead at 12-11 with a little more than 7 minutes gone. Loyola led 35-18 at intermission and by as many as 41 points late in the game.
Loyola, which won its fourth in a row, opens Horizon League competition Thursday at Green Bay.
- Loyola-Chicago beats ULM for CBI title Apr 1
- Ramblers seek CBI crown in showdown with Warhawks Apr 1
- Loyola beats ULM in CBI opener Mar 30
- Warhawks and Ramblers clash in CBI championship series Mar 30
- Northern Iowa downs Loyola to reach MVC final Mar 7
- MVC semifinals pits Panthers against Ramblers Mar 7
- No. 11 UNI rolls past Loyola of Chicago Feb 18
- Ramblers welcome 11th-ranked Panthers to town Feb 18
- VanVleet powers Wichita State past Loyola-Chicago Jan 28
- Ramblers seek upset of 12th-ranked Shockers Jan 28
- Shockers pull away from Loyola-Chicago in 2nd half Jan 11
- Shockers and Ramblers mix it up in MVC action Jan 11