Illinois State routs Southeast Missouri, 93-53Nov 29, 2009 - 2:56 AM NORMAL, Ill.(AP) -- Dinma Odiakosa scored a career-high 19 points and grabbed nine rebounds Saturday night to lead Illinois State to a 93-53 victory over Southeast Missouri in the Basketball Travelers Classic.
The game was tied at 20 before the Redbirds (5-0) closed the half on a 13-4 run. They opened up a 33-point lead midway through the second half, shooting 75 percent from the floor after halftime and finishing the game at 60 percent.
Osiris Eldridge also scored 19 points for Illinois State. Three other Redbirds had career highs, as Tony Lewis scored 15 points, Austin Hill 13 and Jackie Carmichael 10.
Anthony Allison scored 13 points to lead Southeast Missouri (1-5). The Redhawks shot 39 percent from the field in the game.
- Illinois State staffers among 7 dead in plane crash Apr 7
- Northern Iowa claims Missouri Valley title Mar 8
- Redbirds tangle with Panthers for MVC Tournament title Mar 8
- Good Knight: Illinois St. stuns Wichita in MVC semis Mar 7
- Shockers meet Redbirds in MVC semifinals Mar 7
- No. 15 Wichita State tops Illinois State Feb 14
- Redbirds seek upset of 15th-ranked Shockers Feb 14
- No. 13 UNI overwhelms Illinois State Feb 11
- Northern Iowa survives against Illinois State Jan 25
- Wichita State avoids shocker against Illinois State Jan 4
- Second-half surge carries Shockers past Illinois State Jan 22
- Shockers put perfect mark on line against Redbirds Jan 22