Pacific defeats San Diego State, 71-63Nov 26, 2009 - 5:49 AM STOCKTON, Calif.(AP) -- Terrell Smith had 16 points and five rebounds to lead Pacific to a 71-63 victory over San Diego State on Wednesday night in the West Coast Classic.
The Tigers (4-0) won their third straight game in the round-robin tournament with another balanced effort.
Pacific got career-best scoring contributions off the bench from Nyika Williams (12 points) and freshman Allen Huddleston (10), outscoring San Diego States reserves 27-8.
Billy White scored a game-high 20 points to lead the Aztecs (3-2). D.J. Gay added 11 points and Tyrone Shelley 10.
The Aztecs got within 61-58 with 4:29 remaining, but Pacific finished the game with a 10-3 spurt.
The Tigers shot 53 percent from the field and outscored the taller Aztecs 26-8 in the paint to take a 42-29 lead at halftime.
- Playing in the Garden nice consolation prize for Aztecs Mar 25
- Pacific hires Damon Stoudamire as new basketball coach Mar 16
- Fisher's Aztecs looking for 7th straight NCAA tourney berth Mar 9
- Suspended Pacific coach Ron Verlin leaves school Mar 3
- SDSU tops San Jose State 78-56 to clinch share of MWC title Feb 21
- San Diego St. 9-0 at halfway point of Mountain West schedule Feb 1
- San Diego State says basketball program cleared by NCAA Jan 5
- Hagins scores 14 as Little Rock stuns San Diego St. 49-43 Nov 21
- Cheatham brings 'good energy' to Fisher's Aztecs Nov 4
- It's now Steve Fisher Court at San Diego State Oct 29
- Duke crushes San Diego State to reach Sweet 16 Mar 22
- Blue Devils battle Aztecs in South Regional action Mar 22