Middle Tennessee beats King College 93-73Nov 14, 2009 - 6:44 AM MURFREESBORO, Tenn.(AP) -- James Washington scored 24 points to lead Middle Tennessee to a 93-73 win over King College in its season opener Friday night.
Montarrio Haddock added 23 points for the Blue Raiders, who shot 54.9 percent from the floor. James Gallman chipped in with 18 points.
After holding a 38-35 lead at halftime, Middle Tennessee used a 16-5 run in the second half to go up 59-43 on a 3-pointer by Gallman with 14:38 remaining. The Blue Raiders would eventually lead by as many as 25, as the Tornado shot only 36.4 percent in the second half.
King, located in Bristol, Tenn., was led by Josh Dockery's 19 points. Clarence Smith added 15.
Middle Tennessee shot 59.1 percent from 3-point range, and totaled 16 assists on 28 field goals. King shot 43.1 percent as a team.
- Middle Tennessee State sets sights on upset of Syracuse Mar 19
- Michigan State promises it won't overlook MTSU Mar 17
- Potts out indefinitely with concussion for Middle Tennessee Feb 26
- UAB buries Middle Tennessee to claim C-USA crown Mar 14
- Blue Raiders, Blazers collide in C-USA title match Mar 14
- Bluejays and Blue Raiders meet in Emerald Coast Classic Nov 29
- No. 16 Florida races past Middle Tennessee Nov 22
- Blue Raiders put perfect mark on line against 16th-ranked Gators Nov 21
- Hail to the Gaels; Saint Mary's tops MTSU to gain Memphis matchup Mar 20
- Gaels, Blue Raiders square off in NCAA Tournament's first round Mar 19
- Boynton, Gators drop Blue Raiders Nov 19
- Blue Raiders and Gators clash in battle of unbeatens Nov 18