San Diego breezes to 84-65 victoryNov 19, 2009 - 5:12 AM SAN DIEGO(AP) -- De'Jon Jackson scored 16 of his 19 points in the first half and Matt Dorr added a career-high 18 to lead San Diego to an 84-65 win over Point Loma Nazarene on Wednesday night.
Jackson scored 13 of San Diego's first 20 points, including three 3-pointers as the Toreros took a 42-33 halftime lead.
Roberto Mafra scored a career-high 14 points and had seven rebounds for San Diego (2-1), which steadily increased its lead in the second half against its crosstown NAIA opponents. The Toreros tied a school record with 10 blocked shots.
Point Loma Nazarene (1-3) was led by Greg Murray's game-high 23 points. The Sea Lions held a 37-26 edge in rebounds, but also committed 22 turnovers and shot just 41 percent from the field.
- BYU escapes with 69-67 win over San Diego Feb 19
- San Diego hires Lamont Smith as coach Mar 31
- San Diego fires men's hoops coach Grier Mar 16
- Gonzaga pulls away from San Diego Feb 27
- Toreros face tall task in clash with third-ranked Zags Feb 26
- No. 7 Gonzaga holds off San Diego Dec 30
- Toreros host Bulldogs in WCC action Dec 29
- No. 13 SDSU beats rival San Diego again Dec 5
- Rivals square off as Aztecs host Toreros Dec 4
- Dee, San Diego top No. 25 Gonzaga Feb 23
- Bulldogs tangle with Toreros for WCC crown Feb 22
- San Diego State holds off San Diego Dec 6